Installing the OPTi-Addin Ribbon Menu
The section describes how to download and install the OPTi-Addin Ribbon Menu into MindManager 2012.
- Download the OPTi-Addins Ribbon Menu installer from the links on the right of the page.
- Unzip the download package to a temporary location. We recommend your Desktop as it makes it easy to find the extracted files.
- Double left mouse click the setup.exe file and follow the dialog prompts.
- Once the installer has completed, you can delete the install files and zip package from your download location.
- Open MindManager and you should see the OPTi-Addins Ribbon Menu tab located in the MindManager Menu tabs collection.
- If you ran through the install dialogs and encountered no errors but the tab is not in view when you opened MindManager then click on File – Options – Addins and make sure that the entry for OPTi-Addins is listed and there is a check in the box next to the addin name.
If you do encounter any problems then please submit a support email through the form located on the Contacts page
Installing additional OPTi-Addins
Once you have the OPTi-Addins Ribbon Menu installed you can start to use the free included addins or purchase and enable some of the Basic or Premium addins available from the Info/Options dialog.
When you purchase an OPTi-Addin you will receive an unlock code in your purchase confirmation email for the addin(s) you purchased. Type the unlock code for the addin(s) into the box provided on the Info/Options dialog located alongside the addin name. If the code is typed in correctly the box should be replaced with an “Unlocked” label and the lick should change to “See how it works!”. You will also notice the checkbox by the addin icon will become enabled.
Select the checkbox to include the addin in the OPTi-Addins Ribbon Menu and click the Close button to close the form and enable the selected addins. The OPTi-Addin Ribbon Menu should now display your newly enabled addin ready to go.
Note: You can enable and disable unlocked addins at any time by opening the Info/Options dialog and toggling the checkbox next to the addin icon. This way you can choose which addins do or do not display in the OPTi-Addins Ribbon Menu should you wish to hide some of the addins you do not require very often.